Wednesday, July 11, 2007

RSS feeds, etc

I have tried setting up a bloglines account before, but never got very far.
This time, I actually spent a few minutes thinking about it, and set up some feeds that I actually use and added the link to my tool bar. I check it often, and am enjoying it.

I decided to keep things simple, so I have put in the library related stuff (like the programming blog), some news links about my home town and the salisbury blogs, Merlin. I looked through some of the search sites like Technorati, but I may be too far out of touch for them. I was overwhelmed by the number of choices, and after a few minutes of looking around I just gave up. Too many things -- and way too many that seem to be just people pointing to other people rambling. If anyone knows of sites they like and actually find useful, I think I will work from recommendations.

No comments: